Monday, April 11, 2011

I’ve read and been told that starting a blog will help with my business…one more way to bring exposure to my craft. I’ve been reluctant to do it. I just wonder what in the world I might have to say that would be of interest to anyone. I’m just a single girl in her 40’s. I don’t have kids and precious pictures to share. I’m not the best business person to offer money making tips. I’m still learning every day. Still trying to figure out who I am and which way is up. I think I have decided what I want to be when I grow up, so I’m doing everything I can to succeed.
I’ve been painting furniture for about 15 years. It started as something fun to do for my first apartment. Then it turned into painting for my sister’s first baby, then for other people’s kids. I did a couple of other projects for family. I’ve had a couple of shops where I sold my things. I loved my shops. I miss them. Now, I paint on the bottom floor of my raised house on an island on the gulf coast. The house was put on stilts after the 1900 Storm . My grandmother grew up here and her sisters lived here into their 90’s. Lots of history here and I’m convinced some of their ghosts flutter about while I sleep. I just hope Great Aunt Phoebe Mae in her pink slippers, doesn’t EVER decide to do the moon walk in the attic in the wee hours of the morning. I think they know me well enough though, and know I would freak if they ever decided to get their groove on in the middle of the night.
I’m not even sure I can write. My mother tells me that I am a good writer. I think this is because I’ve written a couple of good obituaries. (Seems I am now the “official obituary writer” of the family.) So, we will see if I can find some things that you might find interesting. I plan on using this blog to write about my experiences as an artist and small business owner. I will share my frustrations. I’ll share my happy days and my inspirations. I’ll also post pictures of my work.
So, here goes nothin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment